This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Question about Gimple FE
- From: Richard Biener <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>
- To: xue yinsong <xyshh94225 at hotmail dot com>
- Cc: GCC Development <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2015 11:36:30 +0200
- Subject: Re: Question about Gimple FE
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <BLU436-SMTP393D735E667D7744698A4D85080 at phx dot gbl> <CAFiYyc0ukmm0w+YPQ1QOV2Vw3euPmVZR2MLHsjc25XB9T0ds8w at mail dot gmail dot com> <BLU436-SMTP23617265C8657F936DF78CF85090 at phx dot gbl>
On Fri, Mar 27, 2015 at 4:00 PM, xue yinsong <email@example.com> wrote:
> Thanks for your reply to my proposal.
> AFAIS, most of the files generated by -fdump-tree-all are presented in C-like form instead
> of in lisp-like tuple form.
> So itâs better to implement a front end for the C-like gimple representations.
> I want to make sure if I get the idea right.
> Besides, Iâm uncertain about the following questions:
> 1.I suppose the syntax of the original gimple file generated by -fdump-tree-gimple would cover
> the syntax of those generated in later stages. Could some one tell me if thatâs correct?
Well - in 004t.gimple there is still no CFG and we are not in SSA
form, so syntax of 'gimple'
would change slightly dependent on properties of the IL. GCC goes to
various lowering stages
(also for things like OpenMP, nested function and exception handling support).
> 2.On my computer, it seems both -fdump-tree-gimple and -fdump-tree-gimple-raw dump the code to <filename>.004t.gimple.
> tf -fdump-tree-all is used, only the result of -fdump-tree-gimple will be presented.
> Does gcc behave this way on purpose?
I think so. -raw is a dump modifier while -all selects '-gimple' and
> Best regards,
> Yinsong Xue