This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [gsoc] Generic addressing mode selection
- From: Erik Varga <erik dot varga256 at gmail dot com>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Cc: Oleg Endo <oleg dot endo at t-online dot de>
- Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2015 15:32:17 +0100
- Subject: Re: [gsoc] Generic addressing mode selection
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I've submitted my proposal to the GSoC website, it can be found here: 
After hearing some ideas from Oleg, I decided to go with working on
detecting and optimizing a few specific memory access patterns instead
of implementing a PBQP solver.
Any suggestions or comments are welcome.
I read that it's necessary to have a copyright assignment filed with
the Free Software Foundation to be able to contribute larger amounts
of code to GCC. When would it be best to start applying for a
copyright assignment (e.g. sometime during the community bonding
period, or the coding period, or around now)?