This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
x86_64: Should the -mavx* options affected __alignof__ (max_align_t)?
- From: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>
- To: GCC <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2015 19:28:43 +0100
- Subject: x86_64: Should the -mavx* options affected __alignof__ (max_align_t)?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
__alignof__ (max_align_t) appears to be stuck at 16, even though some
AVX512 operations require 512 byte alignment.
Is this intentional? There are arguments for (more ABI compatibility)
and against (max_align_t is misleading) this behavior.
Florian Weimer / Red Hat Product Security