This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: GCC 5 Status Report (2015-03-20)
- From: Georg-Johann Lay <gjl at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- To: Joel Sherrill <joel dot sherrill at oarcorp dot com>
- Cc: "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Richard Biener <rguenther at suse dot de>
- Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2015 23:39:37 +0100
- Subject: Re: GCC 5 Status Report (2015-03-20)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <alpine dot LSU dot 2 dot 11 dot 1503201317370 dot 15299 at zhemvz dot fhfr dot qr> <550EE054 dot 1080400 at oarcorp dot com>
Joel Sherrill a écrit:
I thought I would pass along a couple of data points from
the *-rtems targets.
Fourteen *-rtems target build OK on the head. The following
do not even complete building gcc+newlib.
v850 - PR65501. New and must be relatively recent. I built
a C/C++ toolset on January 15.
m32c - PR63683. Reported against 4.9 branch. DJ may have a
patch for this.
The avr is still broken. I don't know that it is worth the trouble
to even dig up the PRs anymore.
Like some other 3ary platforms, avr is plagued by spill fails,
summarized as meta PR56183.
Apart from that the device selection scheme changed some while ago:
Setting -mmcu= will trigger a target specific spec file to be applied.
The initial version didn't factor out libc and focused solely on
avr-libc. I tried to rectify that in PR65296, i.e. spec files generator
is now sensitive to avr-*-rtems configuration. What does not yet work
is spaces in the installation path.
Some of the avr core architectures are not well suited for "big" system
like rtems + newlib. There are even devices without RAM so that for
some of the core architecture it makes hardly any sense to build newlib
variants for them, in particular "avr1" and "avrtiny" maybe even more.
If parts of the device spec files are not generated as needed by rtems,
it might be the case that the avr backend needs more adjustments, in
particular specs.h, rtems.h, gen-avr-mmcu-specs.c, maybe also t-multilib
and its generator genmultilib.awk.