This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
RE: Named parameters
- From: Nathan Ridge <zeratul976 at hotmail dot com>
- To: Arnaud Charlet <charlet at adacore dot com>, Toon Moene <toon at moene dot org>
- Cc: David Brown <david at westcontrol dot com>, GCC Mailing List <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2015 19:23:02 +0000
- Subject: RE: Named parameters
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5506FF8D dot 2000408 at westcontrol dot com> <5507298D dot 1080206 at moene dot org>,<20150316191500 dot GB3008 at adacore dot com>
Note that a proposal for named arguments was recently presented to the C++ standards committee , and they did not seem receptive to it .
The proposal was for a different syntax (name : value), but the objections were not related to the syntax.
 http://theres-waldo.ca/2014/11/23/trip-report-c-standards-meeting-in-urbana-champaign-november-2014/ (see list of rejected proposals in section "Evolution Working Group")