RE: Proposal for adding splay_tree_find (to find elements without updating the nodes).

> From: lopezibanez@gmail.com
> Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2015 15:16:55 +0100
> Subject: Re: Proposal for adding splay_tree_find (to find elements without updating the nodes).
> To: tbsaunde@tbsaunde.org; gcc@gcc.gnu.org; hiraditya@msn.com
>
>>> Thanks for the feedback, they were really helpful. I have updated the patch. Please review this.
>>> Also, although I run `make check` while compiling gcc (with bootstrap enabled), I'm not sure if 'omp' related tests were exercised.
>>> I'm still unfamiliar with several components of gcc. Any pointers on how to ensure all tests were run, would be useful.
>>

>> https://gcc.gnu.org/install/test.html should help, though unfortunately
>> you'll probably find the easiest way to check for regressions is to do
>> one run of straight trunk, then another with your patch. Saddly a bunch
>> of people have own scripts to deal with administrivia, but there isn't a
>> standardized way that's simple.
>
> I would recommend going through
>
> https://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/GettingStarted#Basics:_Contributing_to_GCC_in_10_easy_steps
>
> at least once. If you find something wrong, confusing or not answered
> there, please ask here and CC me, and I will NOT answer you ;) what I
> will do is update it, so the answer is there for you but also for the
> next person that comes after you.
>
> Of course, it is a wiki, anyone can update it and they are welcome to do it.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Manuel.

Hi Manuel,

I started looking at the steps to test gcc, (https://gcc.gnu.org/Testing_GCC):

In the first step: to install prerequisites 'dejagnu', tcl and Expect
    - The link to dejagnu does not have any information. for tcl and expect there are no links.

Thanks,
-Aditya