Re: nvptx-tools on ARM

Hi!

On Mon, 09 Mar 2015 11:22:13 +0100, Enrico Calore <clrnrc@unife.it> wrote:
> I would like to try GCC 5 with nvptx-tools on a NVIDIA Jetson board
> (armhf architecture), may I ask to you if it is supposed to work on that
> architecture?

We have not tried this.  To enable offloading for ARM targets, you'll
need to replicate the (very few) changes that we have applied to x86
target code.  Then, you'll likely run into <https://gcc.gnu.org/PR65362>.
The nvptx offloading code (in libgomp) has some hard-coded 64-bit
assumptions, <https://gcc.gnu.org/PR65099>.  (If I remember correctly,
the Jetson board has a 32-bit CPU.)  With these issues addressed, "it
should work".  :-)

GrÃÃe,
 Thomas