Examples of GCC plugins

Hi, all.

When I first tried to write a simple plugin for GCC, it turned out that
existing docs on plugins
(https://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gccint/Plugins.html#Plugins) are rather
brief, so I had to refer to the GCC source code. When I grepped the
source looking for one of plugin API functions, I found this directory:
gcc/testsuite/gcc.dg/plugin.

Plugins in that directory were very helpful as a starting point. I
think, they are definitely worth being mentioned in documentation (maybe
I was inattentive and missed some link to them?) or perhaps even
separated from testsuite (of course, I don't mean removing something
from testsuite, but rather adding a separate Makefile, not dependent on
DejaGNU). Any thoughts on this?

--
Regards,
    Mikhail Maltsev