This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: PR65416, alloca on xtensa
- From: Max Filippov <jcmvbkbc at gmail dot com>
- To: "augustine dot sterling at gmail dot com" <augustine dot sterling at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Marc Gauthier <marc at cadence dot com>, "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2015 20:41:31 +0300
- Subject: Re: PR65416, alloca on xtensa
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAMo8BfKLG7oVXu0SSMe9j6P5TYPYEPRJwGJ=4VbHLMR38_QS2g at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAGSvup-CbpRrdefd7RFTi-WZe-jxiqFqmi45y5OyUY2OR6PJvQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <8CA974F497CA064FA9926E10ABCC061F07BE644CFA at MAILSJ4 dot global dot cadence dot com> <CAGSvup8SkH91v5aOWD9zstXu_rkHA4oo4oxos59VGDvzwvmy4w at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Fri, Mar 13, 2015 at 8:08 PM, email@example.com
> On Fri, Mar 13, 2015 at 10:04 AM, Marc Gauthier <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>> Other than the required 16-byte stack alignment, there's nothing in
>> the ABI that requires these extra 16 bytes. Perhaps there was a bad
>> implementation of the alloca exception handler at some point a long
>> time ago that prompted the extra 16 bytes?
> The alloca handler has been rewritten at least twice since this code
> was last updated, so that wouldn't surprise me at all. I would approve
> a change to eliminate it.
Ok, thanks to both of you. I'll try to come up with fixes.