Re: Newlib/Cygwin now under GIT

On Tue, 10 Mar 2015, Corinna Vinschen wrote:

> Hi fellow developers,
>

> I'm happy to inform you that the move of Newlib/Cygwin from the src CVS
> repository to the new, combined GIT repository is now final.

I note that this repository includes the include/ directory, in its larger
binutils-gdb form rather than the smaller GCC form.

How much of this is actually relevant for newlib?  Mostly it relates to
libiberty and object file formats, for use of code that's not included in
this repository (which does not include libiberty).  If little or none of
this code is actually used in newlib, it might make sense to remove the
unused files so it's clear they do not need merging from the other
repositories.

(Apart from include/, various shared toplevel files and directories are
out of sync between the three repositories - GCC, binutils-gdb,
newlib-cygwin - and could do with someone identifying unmerged changes and
applying them to the repositories missing them.)

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com