This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Proposal for path splitting for reduction in register pressure for Loops.
- From: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- To: Richard Biener <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>, Ajit Kumar Agarwal <ajit dot kumar dot agarwal at xilinx dot com>, "vmakarov at redhat dot com" <vmakarov at redhat dot com>, "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Cc: Vinod Kathail <vinodk at xilinx dot com>, Shail Aditya Gupta <shailadi at xilinx dot com>, Vidhumouli Hunsigida <vidhum at xilinx dot com>, Nagaraju Mekala <nmekala at xilinx dot com>
- Date: Sun, 08 Mar 2015 13:49:42 -0600
- Subject: Re: Proposal for path splitting for reduction in register pressure for Loops.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <BN1AFFO11OLC004D84D26C6A4468398AD3DAE1A0 at BN1AFFO11OLC004 dot protection dot gbl> <7A0E44F9-1DB4-44C6-85C6-B8DF48E5B589 at gmail dot com> <BY2FFO11OLC0045AF32468170562DF25ACAE1A0 at BY2FFO11OLC004 dot protection dot gbl> <D6FE4994-7C21-49EB-8398-1C940F536C09 at gmail dot com>
On 03/08/15 12:13, Richard Biener wrote:
I'd have to sit down and ponder this for a while -- what would be the
register pressure implications of duplicating the contents of the join
block into its predecessors, leaving an empty joiner so that we still
have a single latch?
I see. This basically creates two loop latches and thus will make our loop detection code turn the loop into a fake loop nest. Not sure if that is a good idea.