This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: GSoc-2015: Modular GCC
- From: Mikhail Maltsev <maltsevm at gmail dot com>
- To: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>, gcc mailing list <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Sat, 07 Mar 2015 04:22:21 +0300
- Subject: Re: GSoc-2015: Modular GCC
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAA_ASpVFs7LXS4Pw1Mxo5VCxtEncvYXjYgnULGoRAWnbM3PkYw at mail dot gmail dot com> <54F87A48 dot 6070803 at redhat dot com>
05.03.2015 18:46, Jeff Law wrote:
> Certainly still useful, the trick is finding a hunk of that work that
> can be tackled via GSoc.
Though I'm not participating in GSoC, I would be glad to get involved in
Could you please give some comments on current status of the following part:
"Before GCC can be modularized properly, it is necessary to make clear
what interfaces and declarations are actually needed in each source
file. This will, no doubt, be a huge job. It is unclear at the moment
whether there are tools available that could help (Dehydra perhaps, or a
dedicated plugin, or Ctags? Or turn this patch into a proper plugin?
Maybe create a symbols database and identify dependencies to break?)."