This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: need help with Pointer Bounds Checking documentation
- From: Ilya Enkovich <enkovich dot gnu at gmail dot com>
- To: Sandra Loosemore <sandra at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: Ilya Enkovich <ilya dot enkovich at intel dot com>, GCC Development <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2015 11:14:01 +0300
- Subject: Re: need help with Pointer Bounds Checking documentation
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <54E68470 dot 90700 at codesourcery dot com> <CAMbmDYYoshG0-Lx6MOobAZyR1CMaSGwQxU_xmZxXrUyCcepyPA at mail dot gmail dot com> <54E76349 dot 7050508 at codesourcery dot com>
2015-02-20 19:39 GMT+03:00 Sandra Loosemore <email@example.com>:
> On 02/20/2015 01:12 AM, Ilya Enkovich wrote:
>> 2015-02-20 3:48 GMT+03:00 Sandra Loosemore <firstname.lastname@example.org>:
>>> The section "Pointer Bounds Checker builtins" in extend.texi is on my
>>> for being in need of copy-editing, but reading through the existing text,
>>> am quite confused. In several places it refers to turning the Pointer
>>> Bounds Checker off, but how do you do that? I don't see any documented
>>> command-line option.
>> Pointer Bounds Checker is off by default. Patch adding options
>> documentation is a part of reviewed libmpx patch series which is
>> waiting for steering committee approval. I didn't want to commit
>> documentation separately because it has references to features not yet
>> committed to trunk. Meanwhile it is available on Wiki:
> Well, hmmm. Isn't that true of the already-committed Pointer Bounds
> Checking intrinsics documentation, then, too? That is, the intrinsics
> aren't useful to users without the support to enable this feature that
> hasn't been committed yet?
Intrinsics are fully implemented. Compiled programs may be run using
SDE and MPX runtime library provided with it.