This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: array bounds, sanitizer, safe programming, and cilk array notation
- From: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Marek Polacek <polacek at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Martin Uecker <uecker at eecs dot berkeley dot edu>, gcc Mailing List <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>, Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>, Florian Weimer <fw at deneb dot enyo dot de>, "Balaji V. Iyer" <balaji dot v dot iyer at intel dot com>
- Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2015 17:52:57 +0000
- Subject: Re: array bounds, sanitizer, safe programming, and cilk array notation
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20150126115359 dot 295659da at lemur> <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 10 dot 1501262358540 dot 28748 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk> <20150221154138 dot GB18668 at redhat dot com>
On Sat, 21 Feb 2015, Marek Polacek wrote:
> option that detects a particular UB. Or say that a particular UB is a
> compile-time error (e.g. "declaring a function at block scope with an explicit
> storage-class specifier other than extern").
That one is already a hard error for cases such as static / register, a
defined extension (nested functions) for auto.
Joseph S. Myers