Re: need help with Pointer Bounds Checking documentation

On 02/20/2015 01:12 AM, Ilya Enkovich wrote:
The section "Pointer Bounds Checker builtins" in extend.texi is on my list
for being in need of copy-editing, but reading through the existing text, I
am quite confused.  In several places it refers to turning the Pointer
Bounds Checker off, but how do you do that?  I don't see any documented
command-line option.

Hi,

Pointer Bounds Checker is off by default. Patch adding options
documentation is a part of reviewed libmpx patch series which is
waiting for steering committee approval. I didn't want to commit
documentation separately because it has references to features not yet
committed to trunk. Meanwhile it is available on Wiki:
https://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/Intel%20MPX%20support%20in%20the%20GCC%20compiler#Compiler_options

Well, hmmm. Isn't that true of the already-committed Pointer Bounds Checking intrinsics documentation, then, too? That is, the intrinsics aren't useful to users without the support to enable this feature that hasn't been committed yet?

-Sandra