This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
need help with Pointer Bounds Checking documentation
- From: Sandra Loosemore <sandra at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Ilya Enkovich <ilya dot enkovich at intel dot com>, GCC Development <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2015 17:48:48 -0700
- Subject: need help with Pointer Bounds Checking documentation
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
The section "Pointer Bounds Checker builtins" in extend.texi is on my
list for being in need of copy-editing, but reading through the existing
text, I am quite confused. In several places it refers to turning the
Pointer Bounds Checker off, but how do you do that? I don't see any
documented command-line option.
It looks like the commit that added this feature (r217125) included a
lot of x86-specific stuff. Is this whole feature specific to x86? If
so, the documentation ought to say that. What is the relation of this
feature to the -mmpx x86 option, which was added in the same commit?
That option does have documentation in invoke.texi but nothing that
suggests it's related to Pointer Bounds Checking.
-Sandra the clueless