Re: Postpone expanding va_arg until pass_stdarg

On 13-02-15 09:57, Richard Biener wrote:
[ We're still expanding ifn_va_arg before the va_list_gpr/fpr_size
>optimization. ]
Yeah, and the point of the exercise was of course to change that;)

Well, there are two parts.

The first is postpone expansion of va_arg to before the va_list_gpr/fpr_size optimization. This eliminates disturbance between the expansion and the optimization, and makes pass_stdarg more robust. This allows us to insert optimizations before pass_stdarg without breaking pass_starg.

The second is to simplify pass_starg by handling va_arg rather than the expansion of va_arg.

I think the first part by itself (which is done now) is already worthwhile on its own.

Thanks,
- Tom