Re: GCC 5.0 and OpenMP 4.0 accelerator : Adapteva/Parallella board

Hi,

On Wed, Feb 11, 2015 at 21:33:47 -0800, Nicholas Yue wrote:
>     I would like to find out if this is the correct forum to
> ask/discuss about GCC 5's OpenMP 4.0 implementation, in particular
> the new accelerator feature which from what I understand, allows the
> compute to be offloaded to external GPU/accelerator.
>
>     I have a Parallella board (ARM dual core) which has an Adapteva
> chip (16 cores) and I would like to build a GCC 5 version for it.
>
>     I recall that the Adapteva is a supported CPU with GCC.

Currently offloading to Epiphany targets is not supported by GCC.

To support it, one needs to implement at least 2 things:

1. mkoffload tool, like gcc/config/i386/intelmic-mkoffload.c or
gcc/config/nvptx/mkoffload.c

2. libgomp plugin, like liboffloadmic/plugin/libgomp-plugin-intelmic.cpp or
libgomp/plugin/plugin-nvptx.c

  -- Ilya