This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Fwd: Re: gcc rodata regression
- From: Simon Glass <sjg at chromium dot org>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Cc: Segher Boessenkool <segher at kernel dot crashing dot org>
- Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2015 11:23:36 -0700
- Subject: Fwd: Re: gcc rodata regression
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAPnjgZ2njOg2hz8TgjANW=6M5KWOwX0q8U1oSqTAvvPhnw6ZsQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <20150202081617 dot GJ28561 at gate dot crashing dot org> <CAPnjgZ0jQ1uFHe1gGGmPMNOPJ95xcFfuJgeno0fefwWP5KPifw at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 2 February 2015 at 01:16, Segher Boessenkool
> On Sat, Jan 31, 2015 at 05:09:29PM -0700, Simon Glass wrote:
>> I have been fighting with a strange problem on ARM where gcc puts all
>> the .rodata from a number of files lumped into a single .rodata
>> section even when -fdata-sections is used.
>> I searched and found a bug report here:
>> which exactly describes the problem I see.
> You could try this patch. I think there were still some problems with
> it, there must have been some reason I didn't submit it. Cannot have
> been just laziness :-P
I tried this patch and it solved my problem - the rodata section is
now split up and most of it is discarded in the link phase.
I hope some form of this can make it into gcc one day soon and a
suitable regression test case can be added!