This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Stepping down as global maintainer
- From: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- To: Diego Novillo <dnovillo at google dot com>, gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, gcc <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Sun, 08 Feb 2015 00:04:57 -0700
- Subject: Re: Stepping down as global maintainer
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAD_=9DTQkLMZLyuQUM4On=PY5k2YnMwVNrySNCU7P1mF-VgYzQ at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 02/06/15 17:42, Diego Novillo wrote:
I kind-of figured something like this would eventually happen. You're
always welcome in this community if you ever get the opportunity to
re-engage at a higher level.
It's been a long time since I did any significant work on GCC,
and it is unlikely that I'll be doing much for the foreseeable
While I still have some understanding of the modules I used to
maintain, I don't think it is reasonable to have me making
decisions on them. It's been too long and I am not likely to have
a good understanding of these components anymore.
As such, I propose to become a write-after-approval maintainer
and relinquish all the other maintainer roles I had.
I'll be committing this to trunk.