Re: Android native build of GCC

On Fri, Feb 6, 2015 at 5:34 AM, Andrew Haley <aph@redhat.com> wrote:
> On 02/06/2015 11:05 AM, Cyd Haselton wrote:
>> Technically not a bug, but a limitation of either fakechroot ported to Android, Android's severely stripped libc, or a combination of the two.
>
> I think it's a bug.  libfakechroot presents a version of dlopen() on
> the assumption that the libc it's fronting has dlopen().

Wouldn't the ported version of libfakechroot do otherwise...i.e. take
into account that dlopen() does not reside in bionic?

So, anyone
> probing for dlopen() finds it in libfakechroot.  However, when that
> dlopen() is called you get a (very confusing) link error.  This is a
> bug because if the underlying C library does not have dlopen() then
> libfakechroot should either not export it or should forward calls to
> the right library (which was libdl.so, I think.)

Out of curiosity (and future libfakechroot porting purposes) how would
this look? I know that this and the previous question are off -topic
to the original email so feel free to leave the list out of your
reply.