This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
building against a temporary install dir?
- From: DJ Delorie <dj at redhat dot com>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2015 20:40:40 -0500
- Subject: building against a temporary install dir?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
So here's what I'm trying to do... I want to build gcc, binutils, and
newlib, run tests, and IF the tests pass, THEN install them all.
However, gcc needs an installed newlib to build it's libraries.
I tried installing newlib into $DESTDIR$PREFIX but gcc ignores
$DESTDIR during the compile.
Any ideas on how to do this, short of building and installing
everything (or at least gcc and newlib) twice?