This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
gcc rodata regression
- From: Simon Glass <sjg at chromium dot org>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2015 17:09:29 -0700
- Subject: gcc rodata regression
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I have been fighting with a strange problem on ARM where gcc puts all
the .rodata from a number of files lumped into a single .rodata
section even when -fdata-sections is used.
I searched and found a bug report here:
which exactly describes the problem I see.
According to the bug report this does not happen on x86_64, and there
is a test case provided.
Does anyone have any clues as to how to fix this bug? I am willing to
give it a try with a few pointers. I currently have to add loads of
#ifdefs in the C code to work around this bug and remove the unwanted
and unreferenced data.