This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: libgomp support for RTEMS
- From: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- To: Sebastian Huber <sebastian dot huber at embedded-brains dot de>
- Cc: GCC <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2015 12:50:23 +0100
- Subject: Re: libgomp support for RTEMS
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <54CB6792 dot 6010907 at embedded-brains dot de>
- Reply-to: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
On Fri, Jan 30, 2015 at 12:14:26PM +0100, Sebastian Huber wrote:
> I would like to add support for libgomp for the RTEMS operating system. I
> likely cannot use the standard Pthread API for this in some places since I
> have to account for RTEMS specifics related to partitioned/clustered
> scheduling and the priority based scheduler. If I implement for example
> functions like this
> void gomp_init_thread_affinity (pthread_attr_t *attr, unsigned int place)
> outside of the GCC provided libgomp (e.g. in the RTEMS sources) can I choose
> an arbitrary license for this or do I have to use the GPLv3 with the GCC
> Runtime Library Exception for it?
> Is it possible to add a gomp_free() to complement the gomp_malloc() etc.?
> This would enable the usage of a dedicated heap for OpenMP in RTEMS.
Why would you want to implement it outside of libgomp?
libgomp has a config/ tree, so just add config/rtems/ in there and implement
it in there.