This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Slow gcc.gnu.org/sourceware.org?
- From: Joel Sherrill <joel dot sherrill at oarcorp dot com>
- To: "sellcey at imgtec dot com" <sellcey at imgtec dot com>, Steve Ellcey <sellcey at imgtec dot com>, Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- Cc: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>, GCC Development <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>, GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2015 13:44:30 -0600
- Subject: Re: Slow gcc.gnu.org/sourceware.org?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAMe9rOrUmJb02b_09F4fehJ11JXYBbq3dGeuW7rWP88Vw8oX1w at mail dot gmail dot com> <1422375654 dot 3617 dot 21 dot camel at ubuntu-sellcey> <54C7BE9E dot 4050608 at redhat dot com> <1422380353 dot 3617 dot 22 dot camel at ubuntu-sellcey> <40B43DDD-CC0B-4C5C-8430-A34958B12E0A at oarcorp dot com>
On 1/27/2015 1:31 PM, Joel Sherrill wrote:
> On January 27, 2015 11:39:13 AM CST, Steve Ellcey <email@example.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, 2015-01-27 at 09:36 -0700, Jeff Law wrote:
>>> On 01/27/15 09:20, Steve Ellcey wrote:
>>>> On Tue, 2015-01-27 at 08:02 -0800, H.J. Lu wrote:
>>>>> For the past couple days, gcc.gnu.org/sourceware.org is
>>>>> quite slow for me when accessing git and bugzilla. Am
>>>>> I the only one who has experienced it?
>>>> I got some timeouts while updating my glibc git repo yesterday.
>>>> I had never run into that before.
>>> Are you using anonymous mode, or ssh-authenticated? The former is
>>> usually throttled as the load rises, the latter is not.
>> I was using anonymous mode.
> We were also using anonymous mode.
FWIW we switched the RTEMS tool build instructions from using
newlib CVS to git because anonymous CVS was unreliable even
a few months ago.
It isn't a real fix but Jeff J is cutting monthly newlib snapshots
for us now and we are switching to refer to those with any
needed patches. Maybe that will help reduce the load some.
>> Steve Ellcey
Joel Sherrill, Ph.D. Director of Research & Development
joel.sherrill@OARcorp.com On-Line Applications Research
Ask me about RTEMS: a free RTOS Huntsville AL 35805
Support Available (256) 722-9985