This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Slow gcc.gnu.org/sourceware.org?
- From: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- To: sellcey at imgtec dot com, "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- Cc: GCC Development <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>, GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2015 09:34:41 -0700
- Subject: Re: Slow gcc.gnu.org/sourceware.org?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAMe9rOrUmJb02b_09F4fehJ11JXYBbq3dGeuW7rWP88Vw8oX1w at mail dot gmail dot com> <1422375654 dot 3617 dot 21 dot camel at ubuntu-sellcey>
On 01/27/15 09:20, Steve Ellcey wrote:
We're having some load problems; looks like we're short of memory from
occasionally looking at the system over the last week or so. Mornings,
EST are definitely a bad time. Spammers may be making things worse.
On Tue, 2015-01-27 at 08:02 -0800, H.J. Lu wrote:
For the past couple days, gcc.gnu.org/sourceware.org is
quite slow for me when accessing git and bugzilla. Am
I the only one who has experienced it?
I got some timeouts while updating my glibc git repo yesterday.
I had never run into that before.
I haven't heard back from Frank WRT whether or not we can add more
memory to the existing system. That would be a stopgap as the machine
is nearing its end of life (we typically need to update the system
roughly ever 3 years).