This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: GCC 5 Status Report (2015-01-19), Trunk in Stage 4
- From: Richard Biener <rguenther at suse dot de>
- To: Andreas Krebbel <krebbel at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2015 10:04:38 +0100 (CET)
- Subject: Re: GCC 5 Status Report (2015-01-19), Trunk in Stage 4
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <alpine dot LSU dot 2 dot 11 dot 1501191016120 dot 12482 at zhemvz dot fhfr dot qr> <20150127085256 dot GA5862 at maggie>
On Tue, 27 Jan 2015, Andreas Krebbel wrote:
> I would like to apply the following patch:
> [PATCH] S/390: -mhotpatch v2
> It is a backend only change to our existing -mhotpatch feature
> requested by the Linux kernel guys for the ftrace implementation:
> They need it in an upstream GCC asap. If we don't get it into 5.0 we
> probably would need to commit it onto 5.1 branch right after the
> release. I would rather try to avoid this since it would make the
> hotpatch feature incompatible between 5.0 and 5.1.
> Ok to do it now?
Ok. It needs an entry in changes.html.
Do you plan to backport this change?
Did you consider using an alternate option name instead of changing
it in an incompatible way? I realize SUSE will need to backport this
thus any user will need to do functional testing to see whether his
compiler implements the new or old semantics?
Richard Biener <email@example.com>
SUSE LINUX GmbH, GF: Felix Imendoerffer, Jane Smithard, Jennifer Guild,
Dilip Upmanyu, Graham Norton HRB 21284 (AG Nuernberg)