This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Help with reload bug, please
- From: Joern Rennecke <joern dot rennecke at embecosm dot com>
- To: Andrew Stubbs <ams at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: GCC <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2015 15:14:39 +0000
- Subject: Re: Help with reload bug, please
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <54C2509C dot 2050908 at codesourcery dot com>
On 23 January 2015 at 13:46, Andrew Stubbs <email@example.com> wrote:
> How does reload ensure that an SImode value (re)loaded into an FP register
> has a valid stack index?
You could use CANNOT_CHANGE_MODE_CLASS, or request secondary reload.
For the latter, you can look at the memory/pseudo to decide if the
a secondary reload for your register (classs). Although we had a few
where reload wouldn't re-calculate frame addresses when something
so you might have to backport some fixes when working with an old compiler.