This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [LLVMdev] FYI: IA-32 psABI draft version 0.1
- From: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- To: Richard Smith <richard at metafoo dot co dot uk>
- Cc: GCC Development <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>, Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>, "cfe-dev at cs dot uiuc dot edu Developers" <cfe-dev at cs dot uiuc dot edu>, "llvmdev at cs dot uiuc dot edu Mailing List" <llvmdev at cs dot uiuc dot edu>
- Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2015 12:00:49 -0800
- Subject: Re: [LLVMdev] FYI: IA-32 psABI draft version 0.1
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAMe9rOppN+Rfb-8FPrXN4BxsrMEeh0ChmN+aWmGKyi6iRu=3aQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAOfiQqkBWxza+7czv8nkk=7i6G-Vt2EtcqpAFJCdOFP5yhjSHg at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Thu, Jan 22, 2015 at 11:54 AM, Richard Smith <email@example.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 22, 2015 at 4:35 AM, H.J. Lu <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>> Here is the link:
> The document contains this claim (as do many other psABI documents):
> "Bit-fields that are neither signed nor unsigned
> always have non-negative values. Although they may have type char,
> short, int, or long (which can have negative values), these bit-fields
> have the same range as a bit-field of the same size with the
> corresponding unsigned type."
Can you show me where this paragraph in IA-32 psABI?
I couldn't find it in my copy.