This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: libcc1.so bug/install location question
- From: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Steve Ellcey <sellcey at imgtec dot com>
- Cc: <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2015 01:47:14 +0000
- Subject: Re: libcc1.so bug/install location question
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <71266adb-e8cc-4ff4-81d0-5d1ea4560e0c at BAMAIL02 dot ba dot imgtec dot org>
On Tue, 20 Jan 2015, Steve Ellcey wrote:
> I tried this, building cross compilers for mips-mti-linux-gnu and
> mips-img-linux-gnu and checked to see if any files overlapped between
> the two. The only overlap I found was with libcc1. Both cross compilers
> had a lib directory directly under the install directory that contained
> a libcc1.so, libcc1.so.0, libcc1.so.0.0.0, and libcc1.la file in them.
> The files in each install directory were different which makes sense since
> I was building for two different targets.
It was stated in
<https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2014-05/msg01342.html> that it doesn't
depend on the target.
(Even for files that don't depend on the target, separate copies can be
more helpful for building cross compilers.)
Joseph S. Myers