Re: libcc1.so bug/install location question

On Tue, 20 Jan 2015, Steve Ellcey  wrote:

> I tried this, building cross compilers for mips-mti-linux-gnu and
> mips-img-linux-gnu and checked to see if any files overlapped between
> the two.  The only overlap I found was with libcc1.  Both cross compilers
> had a lib directory directly under the install directory that contained
> a libcc1.so, libcc1.so.0, libcc1.so.0.0.0, and libcc1.la file in them.
> The files in each install directory were different which makes sense since
> I was building for two different targets.

It was stated in
<https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2014-05/msg01342.html> that it doesn't
depend on the target.

(Even for files that don't depend on the target, separate copies can be
more helpful for building cross compilers.)

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com