libcc1.so bug/install location question

I have a question about libcc1.so and where it is put in the install
directory.  My understanding is that GCC install files are put in a
directory containing the target name or contain the target
name as part of the filename (aka mips-linux-gnu-gcc) so that two GCC's
with different targets could be installed into the same installation
directory and not stomp on each other.

I tried this, building cross compilers for mips-mti-linux-gnu and
mips-img-linux-gnu and checked to see if any files overlapped between
the two.  The only overlap I found was with libcc1.  Both cross compilers
had a lib directory directly under the install directory that contained
a libcc1.so, libcc1.so.0, libcc1.so.0.0.0, and libcc1.la file in them.
The files in each install directory were different which makes sense since
I was building for two different targets.

Is this overlap of names intended or is it a bug?

Steve Ellcey