This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [ping] Re: proper name of i386/x86-64/etc targets
- From: Joel Sherrill <joel dot sherrill at oarcorp dot com>
- To: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>, Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at adacore dot com>
- Cc: Sandra Loosemore <sandra at codesourcery dot com>, GCC Development <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>, Jan Hubicka <hubicka at ucw dot cz>, Uros Bizjak <ubizjak at gmail dot com>
- Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2015 13:07:44 -0600
- Subject: Re: [ping] Re: proper name of i386/x86-64/etc targets
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <54A5E698 dot 60702 at codesourcery dot com> <54BDBCF0 dot 9050801 at codesourcery dot com> <1470230 dot JDgFJo2Qyv at polaris> <CAMe9rOonSQrGjr3qFohdp6_x--7wPAu=_zr345oKt9MOxYmi1Q at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 1/20/2015 1:02 PM, H.J. Lu wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 20, 2015 at 10:51 AM, Eric Botcazou <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>>> Ping? Any thoughts?
>> x86 for the family and x86-32/x86-64 for the 2 architectures?
> Works for me.
Sounds good to me. You can always explain the terms and their relationship
to others in a sentence of two if needed for user clarification.
Joel Sherrill, Ph.D. Director of Research & Development
joel.sherrill@OARcorp.com On-Line Applications Research
Ask me about RTEMS: a free RTOS Huntsville AL 35805
Support Available (256) 722-9985