This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
extending gccmakedep to output file inclusions
- From: Thomas P <thp at uctr dot net>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2015 14:19:58 +0100
- Subject: extending gccmakedep to output file inclusions
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Reply-to: Th P <thp at uctr dot net>
[previously sent mail with same content possibly rejected because of text-only email requirement not met]
I would like to suggest/recommend a feature whereby the gccmakedep component of the gcc suite can be made to emit "file inclusion" notices similar to the ones resulting from makedepend's "-v" option .
The output would be similar to
if fileA includes (#include "...") fileB and fileC.
Currently closest is the behaviour of "gcc -M" (resp. "gcc -MM"), i.e. the gccmakedep result; however, make file dependencies are not semantically equal to file inclusion.
The feature is helpful for documentation.