This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
issue with placing includes in gcc-plugin.h
- From: Prathamesh Kulkarni <prathamesh dot kulkarni at linaro dot org>
- To: Andrew MacLeod <amacleod at redhat dot com>, Richard Biener <rguenther at suse dot de>, Michael Collison <michael dot collison at linaro dot org>, Maxim Kuvyrkov <maxim dot kuvyrkov at linaro dot org>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2015 02:52:31 +0530
- Subject: issue with placing includes in gcc-plugin.h
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I am having an issue with placing includes of expr.h in gcc-plugin.h.
rtl.h is required to be included before expr.h, so I put it in gcc-plugin.h.
However the front-ends then fail to build because rtl.h is not allowed
and the front-ends include gcc-plugin.h (via plugin.h).
For instance ada/gcc-interface/misc.c failed to build with following error:
In file included from ../../gcc/gcc/gcc-plugin.h:64:0,
../../gcc/gcc/rtl.h:20:9: error: attempt to use poisoned "GCC_RTL_H"
However rtl.h is required to be included before expr.h, so we cannot skip
including rtl.h in gcc-plugin.h. How do we get around this ?
As a temporary hack, could we #undef IN_GCC_FRONTEND in gcc-plugin.h ?
java/builtins.c does this to include expr.h.