This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: volatile access optimization (C++ / x86_64)
- From: DJ Delorie <dj at redhat dot com>
- To: <Paul_Koning at dell dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2015 13:51:14 -0500
- Subject: Re: volatile access optimization (C++ / x86_64)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAFWXXN3quEdSnaoWuPcQn2k-F99Yaw+6=NqgFgcu9ABpv5ZD3Q at mail dot gmail dot com> <xnvbkldsgz dot fsf at greed dot delorie dot com> <CAF1jjLstqa0XxDP-5JDYmi0wNas-bHMTyR6nVt8=SYdMMqxYwg at mail dot gmail dot com> <201501051824 dot t05IOnpd008520 at greed dot delorie dot com> <C35515DF-08D5-4BF2-8E4C-C916CC0AB819 at dell dot com>
> I looked in the documentation and didnât see this described.
AFAIK it's not documented. Only recently was it agreed (and even
then, reluctantly) that the ISO spec could be met by such opcodes.