This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
output directory for -fvtv-debug and -fvtv-counts
- From: Sandra Loosemore <sandra at codesourcery dot com>
- To: <cmtice at google dot com>
- Cc: GCC Development <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2014 13:03:59 -0700
- Subject: output directory for -fvtv-debug and -fvtv-counts
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I noticed that the documentation for the -fvtv-* options in invoke.texi
needed a little copy-editing and markup correction. I started working
on a patch, but I'm stuck on this:
The documentation currently says the compile-time log files for these
options are written in "the dump file directory on the user's machine".
Where, exactly, is this supposed to be? From reading the code, it
looks like the default is the current directory rather than the
directory of the output file (the default for the -fdump-* options). Is
this difference intentional? If so, can the documentation just say it's
written to the current directory? Alternatively, the option that
controls this, -dumpdir, is not documented in invoke.texi; should it be,
or is this (and its similarly undocumented friend -dumpbase) strictly an
internal option for communication between the GCC driver and
subprocesses, or something like that?