How to upgrade a tool-chain tree...

I have a tool chain for an experimental processor, built starting with release or snapshot distributions of

	binutils-2.21
	cgen-20110901
	gcc-4.6.1
	newlib-1.19.0
	gdb 7.2

I'm using SVN for version control locally.

I'd like to upgrade it to a newer source base; but since it wasn't done by checking out from the FSF and Sourceware version-control systems, I'm wondering if there's any clever way to merge my tree or if I just have to bite the bullet and essentially take everything I've modified since version 1 in my source tree and import them into a new source tree?