This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
RE: Localized write permission for OS maintainers
- From: Joel Sherrill <joel dot sherrill at oarcorp dot com>
- To: Matthew Fortune <Matthew dot Fortune at imgtec dot com>,Sebastian Huber <sebastian dot huber at embedded-brains dot de>,"gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2014 12:30:57 -0600
- Subject: RE: Localized write permission for OS maintainers
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <549298BF dot 2050400 at embedded-brains dot de> <6D39441BF12EF246A7ABCE6654B0235320F8A4AB at LEMAIL01 dot le dot imgtec dot org>
On December 18, 2014 4:14:54 AM CST, Matthew Fortune <Matthew.Fortune@imgtec.com> wrote:
>> Does this cover OS specific areas in the gcc/config.gcc file? For
>I canât answer authoritatively but I would expect it does include
>OS specific areas of config files. However, as an arch port maintainer
>I would be wary of an OS maintainer tweaking something that is
>arch specific OS config. Hope that makes sense.
That's how it has worked for me in practice. But the RTEMS specific configurery is usually very similar to another CPU-elf and I generally ask for reviews to make sure it is the right thing to do.
This also covers RTEMS specific runtime port files.
--joel (from a mobile device, forgive brevity and typos)