This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: GCC 4.8.4 Status Report (2014-12-05)
- From: Mike Stump <mikestump at comcast dot net>
- To: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Dominique Dhumieres <dominiq at lps dot ens dot fr>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, Iain Sandoe <iain at codesourcery dot com>, fxcoudert at gmail dot com
- Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2014 14:13:46 -0800
- Subject: Re: GCC 4.8.4 Status Report (2014-12-05)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20141217101618 dot 46088105 at mailhost dot lps dot ens dot fr> <20141217114452 dot GV1667 at tucnak dot redhat dot com>
On Dec 17, 2014, at 3:44 AM, Jakub Jelinek <email@example.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 17, 2014 at 11:16:18AM +0100, Dominique Dhumieres wrote:
>> Currently gcc 4.8.4 does not bootstrap on darwin14 (Yosemite) due to pr61407.
> Why has it not been pushed in earlier?
No good reason. No one checked it into the release branch. Before the OS shipped, there might have been other things that needed changing, there weren’t. I wanted it to bake on trunk first before hitting the release branch which is why when it went in originally, it didn’t also just go into the release branch. This is the first time it has been pinged.
> I guess if you test it sufficiently and if Darwin maintainer acks it,
I’ve Oked it in my other email.
> Note that the patch violates coding conventions by using CamelCase minorDigitIdx.
I’m fine with the obvious fix to trunk to resolve that.