Re: Regular darwin builds

On Dec 16, 2014, at 12:46 PM, Iain Sandoe <iain@codesourcery.com> wrote:

> On 16 Dec 2014, at 20:40, Dominique d'Humières wrote:
>>
>>> Another testsuite issue on darwin is that testsuite doesn’t clean up the .dSYM directories it generates. This gets really annoying on my autotester :(
>>
>> I have a patch for that, but Iain does not like it!-(
>
> Hmm .. I like the patch in principle,
> ... the problem is that it doesn't clean up when one does cross-testing or installed testing - so it needed tweaking to use the right approach to deleting files on the remote/host - we (erm, probably I, in truth) never got around to finding the right recipe.
>
> Might I suggest pulling it out of storage - and getting a review, perhaps from Mike who might be able to identify the best place to do the job.

I won’t be too picky.  if is_native cleanup_native isn't unreasonable.

https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2012-03/msg00364.html

So, I can’t help but think, we don’t need to slow the world down, and we can just do a find . \*.DSYM -exec rm type of thing at the end.  Simple, easy, works for native and the old cross is native ppc builds on x86.  Life goes on.