This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Regular darwin builds
- From: FX <fxcoudert at gmail dot com>
- To: GCC Development <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Cc: Iain Sandoe <iain at codesourcery dot com>, Dominique Dhumieres <dominiq at lps dot ens dot fr>, Mike Stump <mikestump at comcast dot net>, Jack Howarth <howarthjw at gmail dot com>
- Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2014 22:11:29 +0100
- Subject: Regular darwin builds
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
Iâve set up daily builds and regtests on a darwin box. The results should appear directly on gcc-testresults (https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-testresults/current/).
This should, in the future, help track down regressions affecting darwin (PIC-related, in particular!).
The hardware is new, the OS is the latest and greatest (x86_64-apple-darwin14), and will be updated to keep it that way. However, itâs not very powerful (itâs a Mac Mini). Bootstrap (C, C++, Obj-C, Obj-C++, Fortran, Java, LTO) takes about 2 hours, regtesting both 32 and 64-bit takes a bit over 3 hours.
I plan to schedule it for:
- daily bootstrap + regtest of trunk
- weekly bootstrap of latest release branch (currently 4.9)
If you have other ideas, Iâm open to suggestions.