This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [patch, build] Restore bootstrap in building libcc1 on darwin
- From: Iain Sandoe <iain at codesourcery dot com>
- To: FX <fxcoudert at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Richard Biener <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>, gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, GCC Development <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2014 15:36:01 +0000
- Subject: Re: [patch, build] Restore bootstrap in building libcc1 on darwin
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <94381BB6-563C-44EE-910E-9569410F2AB5 at gmail dot com> <C3BC6494-0362-4AFC-9F1D-E456B6D9A471 at gmail dot com> <F510F911-EA66-4CA8-A43D-92CF538E50F4 at gmail dot com> <ydd388vczh8 dot fsf at lokon dot CeBiTec dot Uni-Bielefeld dot DE> <659E2BE7-2692-4023-9BD2-CE131F8B5451 at codesourcery dot com> <0EB3ED59-3AB7-4EF5-94F3-AFFEB0DAD812 at gmail dot com> <CAFiYyc0+sGS8o7drgCmEnhjyk4zHisamJDOBBJ3pC7SX88OZaQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <616F138A-2D4D-46E0-BFEA-67B52C5EA7B5 at gmail dot com>
On 4 Dec 2014, at 15:24, FX wrote:
>> Can you try adding it as
>> T_CFLAGS += -mdynamic-no-pic
>> in gcc/config/t-tarwin instead?
-mdynamic-no-pic should be used to build *host* executable stuff for m32 darwin.
It is not suitable for building shared libraries (hence the problem with building the PIC version of libiberty) and won't work for the target libaries for similar reasons.
If you want a "quick fix", sure remove it from the boot cflags - but it's hiding a real issue which is that the pic build of libiberty does not cater for the possibility that the non-pic flags cannot simply be overridden by the pic ones.
Of course, it's possible what darwin is the only affected target - but I'd not want to swear to that.