This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Confusing description of GCC option `-freorder-blocks'
- From: Pengfei Yuan <0xcoolypf at gmail dot com>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2014 16:20:01 +0800
- Subject: Confusing description of GCC option `-freorder-blocks'
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
In https://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc/Optimize-Options.html , the
description of option `-freorder-blocks' says `in order to reduce
number of taken branches and improve code locality'. It is confusing.
When will the `and' condition happen? That is, taken branches reduced
AND code locality improved.