This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
GCC OSX Binaries
- From: Haneef Mubarak <haneef503 at gmail dot com>
- To: gcc at gnu dot org
- Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2014 14:42:58 -0800
- Subject: GCC OSX Binaries
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I noticed that on the GCC Binaries page
(https://gcc.gnu.org/install/binaries.html), there are no binaries
available for OS X (Darwin).
I wouldn't mind compiling those binaries for other to use. However, I
would like to know a few things before I start:
1. How do I compile the binaries for distribution? Usually on my
computer, I just do `./configure; make; make install`. Do I need to
follow a different set of steps to compile for distribution? Is there
a particular build environment I need to setup for this?
2. Do/can you guys host the binaries or do I need to host them? I'd
prefer not to have to host them myself, but it's not too much of a
problem if I need to.
3. How would I go about getting added to the list of binary providers
4. I only have a Mavericks system available, hence I can't guarantee
that these binaries will work on other versions of OS X. Will that be
- Haneef Mubarak