This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: GCC 5 fallout: libdata/pkgconfig/libgcj-5.0.pc
- From: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- To: Gerald Pfeifer <gerald at pfeifer dot com>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, java at gcc dot gnu dot org, David Malcolm <dmalcolm at redhat dot com>
- Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2014 09:28:35 -0700
- Subject: Re: GCC 5 fallout: libdata/pkgconfig/libgcj-5.0.pc
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <alpine dot LSU dot 2 dot 11 dot 1408231236150 dot 3274 at tuna dot site> <alpine dot LSU dot 2 dot 11 dot 1411241700220 dot 13258 at tuna dot site>
On 11/24/14 09:00, Gerald Pfeifer wrote:
On Saturday 2014-08-23 12:38, Gerald Pfeifer wrote:
Packaging last week's GCC 5 snapshot, I ran into a couple of issues
due to the version number change.
One is this: We are still creating libdata/pkgconfig/libgcj-5.0.pc
as we used to create libgcj-4.10.pc.
Shouldn't that be libgcj-5.pc now?
If it was 4.10 before, should it really not be just 5 now?
Yes. I wasn't even aware that we had a libgcj-<whatever>.pc
I guess I ought to eliminate my objection to bringing in pkg-config
dependencies into the JIT with that new knowledge. Though in the case
of libgcj we just install the file and don't, as far as I can tell,
actually depend on pkg-config.