Re: Query about the TREE_TYPE field

On 11/18/14 09:30, Andrew MacLeod wrote:

I tried doing the if before chaning to TREE_TYPE...  absolutely no
effect on the testsuite or anything else :-)

What do you think, should I check this in?   What is there is clearly
incorrect.    we could also revert the original patch since that is what
the code base is effectively is doing at the moment...
What I tend to do in these situations is roll back to the version prior to the "fix" and try the testcase with that compiler. Then I can walk through under GDB control to find out whatever I need.

Clearly something needs to change here, but the question is what :-) And I think rolling back and debugging that compiler is the best way to know get more information to allow this to move forward.

Jeff