This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Query about the TREE_TYPE field
- From: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- To: Andrew MacLeod <amacleod at redhat dot com>, Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>, GCC <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Cc: Richard Biener <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>
- Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2014 11:36:48 -0700
- Subject: Re: Query about the TREE_TYPE field
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <546B572F dot 7070103 at redhat dot com> <546B5A64 dot 3080807 at redhat dot com> <546B5D2B dot 2000208 at redhat dot com> <546B7414 dot 3070500 at redhat dot com>
On 11/18/14 09:30, Andrew MacLeod wrote:
What I tend to do in these situations is roll back to the version prior
to the "fix" and try the testcase with that compiler. Then I can walk
through under GDB control to find out whatever I need.
I tried doing the if before chaning to TREE_TYPE... absolutely no
effect on the testsuite or anything else :-)
What do you think, should I check this in? What is there is clearly
incorrect. we could also revert the original patch since that is what
the code base is effectively is doing at the moment...
Clearly something needs to change here, but the question is what :-)
And I think rolling back and debugging that compiler is the best way to
know get more information to allow this to move forward.