This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [RFD] Using the 'memory constraint' trick to avoid memory clobber doesn't work
- From: Segher Boessenkool <segher at kernel dot crashing dot org>
- To: Richard Biener <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>
- Cc: David Wohlferd <dw at limegreensocks dot com>, Hans-Peter Nilsson <hp at bitrange dot com>, y dot gribov at samsung dot com, "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Gerald Pfeifer <gerald at pfeifer dot com>
- Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2014 03:56:02 -0600
- Subject: Re: [RFD] Using the 'memory constraint' trick to avoid memory clobber doesn't work
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5422761C dot 2010507 at LimeGreenSocks dot com> <CAFiYyc17coKQ71HcupK5ciabRzzrcTeN2xPJ3zsTPs5BboqSyg at mail dot gmail dot com> <5423C5F2 dot 80509 at samsung dot com> <542541D9 dot 400 at LimeGreenSocks dot com> <CAFiYyc0gqKpCYGi3eLLuo8uPuvN+mDCC7Qr2X0yinNP3AEgedQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <542E4507 dot 7060200 at LimeGreenSocks dot com> <CAFiYyc0o3t1EkZ9VmRHxDjTiJvem+_qF4=ie72Gpm2yq1LTmvg at mail dot gmail dot com> <54649DFD dot 2030000 at LimeGreenSocks dot com> <CAFiYyc3RV7FP0uVaze6yKKDkxqyT6HRfTexeE+owuzp3Ty9Jjw at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Thu, Nov 13, 2014 at 01:14:41PM +0100, Richard Biener wrote:
> It might be that RTL alias analysis / CSE give up too early here
> (we don't optimize across asm() on the GIMPLE level at all ... heh).
> I didn't look where it gives up (even though appearantly it does).
The cse1 pass doesn't carry the store forward in the "3" case, while it
does in the "4" case. So yes it is just a missed optimisation.