This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [RFD] Using the 'memory constraint' trick to avoid memory clobber doesn't work
- From: dw <david at limegreensocks dot com>
- To: Richard Biener <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>, Hans-Peter Nilsson <hp at bitrange dot com>
- Cc: y dot gribov at samsung dot com, "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Gerald Pfeifer <gerald at pfeifer dot com>
- Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2014 18:01:34 -0800
- Subject: Re: [RFD] Using the 'memory constraint' trick to avoid memory clobber doesn't work
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5422761C dot 2010507 at LimeGreenSocks dot com> <CAFiYyc17coKQ71HcupK5ciabRzzrcTeN2xPJ3zsTPs5BboqSyg at mail dot gmail dot com> <5423C5F2 dot 80509 at samsung dot com> <542541D9 dot 400 at LimeGreenSocks dot com> <CAFiYyc0gqKpCYGi3eLLuo8uPuvN+mDCC7Qr2X0yinNP3AEgedQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <542E4507 dot 7060200 at LimeGreenSocks dot com> <CAFiYyc0o3t1EkZ9VmRHxDjTiJvem+_qF4=ie72Gpm2yq1LTmvg at mail dot gmail dot com> <54649DFD dot 2030000 at LimeGreenSocks dot com> <alpine dot BSF dot 2 dot 02 dot 1411130846300 dot 16267 at arjuna dot pair dot com> <CAFiYyc2AQFnMydiMjVjraL_bOnH4jfperYWTuWLhrpMNxSHQ+g at mail dot gmail dot com> <546543FA dot 4020002 at LimeGreenSocks dot com>
I've forgot if someone mentioned whether we have a test-case in
our test-suite for this feature.
I'm looking thru gcc/testsuite/*.c to see if I can spot anything. It's
not easy since there is a lot of asm and the people who write these
are apparently allergic to using comments to describe what they are
So, I found a few tests that were *using* this feature. But they seem
to be checking for an ICE or page fault, rather than checking to see if
the generated code was avoiding the memory clobber.