Re: [RFD] Using the 'memory constraint' trick to avoid memory clobber doesn't work

I've forgot if someone mentioned whether we have a test-case in
our test-suite for this feature.

I'm looking thru gcc/testsuite/*.c to see if I can spot anything. It's not easy since there is a lot of asm and the people who write these are apparently allergic to using comments to describe what they are testing.

So, I found a few tests that were *using* this feature. But they seem to be checking for an ICE or page fault, rather than checking to see if the generated code was avoiding the memory clobber.

dw