This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: ubsan, asan testing is broken due to coloring
- From: Yury Gribov <y dot gribov at samsung dot com>
- To: Andrew Pinski <pinskia at gmail dot com>, GCC Mailing List <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Cc: Konstantin Serebryany <konstantin dot s dot serebryany at gmail dot com>, Alexey Samsonov <samsonov at google dot com>
- Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2014 12:25:22 +0300
- Subject: Re: ubsan, asan testing is broken due to coloring
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CA+=Sn1mmybdDEarqATemcyPuwq7rmm=O1m4K3+9kcMRFZa7eYA at mail dot gmail dot com>
[CC-ing sanitizer team.]
On 11/12/2014 08:02 AM, Andrew Pinski wrote:
With some configurations (looks like out of tree testing more than in
tree testing), all of ubsan and asan tests fail due to the
libsanitizer using coloring and that confuses the dejagnu pattern
Right, we fix new errors like this every now and then but they keep
I don't have time to look fully into how to fix this issue
and I don't care much to coloring anyways so I disabled in the source
for my own use so the tests now pass.
First, we could run with ASAN_OPTIONS=color=0. I think we once tracked
this error to QEMU incorrectly returning 1 to ASan's isatty() but never
bothered to fix because fixing tests is so easier.