This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: How is libtool updated in GCC?
- From: FX <fxcoudert at gmail dot com>
- To: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: GCC Development <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2014 10:00:24 +0100
- Subject: Re: How is libtool updated in GCC?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <BE8E48D9-D1BF-4EB7-81E9-198B39F32527 at gmail dot com> <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 10 dot 1411110140070 dot 723 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk>
> If you import rather than selectively merging one change you need (I
> think) to revert libtool commit 3334f7ed5851ef1e96b052f2984c4acdbf39e20c
> (incompatible with GCC handling of sysroots), as well as updating all
> three relevant repositories (GCC, binutils-gdb, src - I'm not sure if
> anything in binutils-gdb actually uses libtool but it has the files at
So Iâve actually chosen to avoid the mess and selectly merge the one change that we need. Looking at the history of libtool.m4 in our tree, it looks like others have done that in the past, too.
Thanks for the feedback. On the src repository, is it documented somewhere how to change it? (I have probably done it in the past, but donât remember)